So this is actually a pretty recent event, but just backs up my theory that at times I need my own reality show.So, it began 2 weeks ago, during finals. A friend and I had decided to go out to Des Moines, neither of us had finals and we were bored and cabin crazy from being stuck inside all day because of the crappy weather.So, the nights fun and I notice an absolutly GORGEOUS boy, well at the time there wasn't enough liquid courage in Drew, so he didn't go up and talk to him, however that changed by the end of the night and right before I left I approached him and tried to give him my number, but he told me "NO" so I was like "then give me yours" and he was all "NO" and I was like "why?" and he said I was too drunk and we argued little bit more about it before I finally gave up and left, bitter and angry that I got rejected and I continued to be bitter for the rest of the week, no lie!So,anywhom Friday comes and everyone leaves me. I was staying on campus because I was going to work in admissions the next week. I didn't feel like being a loser and sitting alone in the room on a Friday night, SO I called a few friends and made my way to Des Moines. We went out to one of the bars and socialized and drank. Well, by sometime ( i have no clue) we'll say midnight. I still wasn't feeling anything and this was 3 vodka cranberry's, 4 beers and 2 shots later ( I blame it on the London tolerance) and I'm complaining to my friend and he's like "we'll remedy that" so he buys me a 3-wisemen shot(a bit of Jack Daniels, bit of Jim Beam and bit of Jose Cuervo). I take it, along with 2 rumplemintz shots a few minutes later and the rest of the night is a blank. HOWEVER it turns out that actually, I was given 2-Three Wise Men shots! Eitherway, I don't recall anything past that point excpet bits and pieces of conversations and falling on the ice on the way out of the bar.Saturday morning comes and I'm still asleep when I wake up to "Drew,Drew, get up""drew,do you know where you are?" now, I had been in a dead sleep and mumble and tell the person to leave me alone and that I'm at Luke's house. PS-no clue who luke is or why I said his name! WELL, I finally roll over and guess who's waking me up!! It's gorgeous boy from Tuesday night! We'll call him J. So, J kinda tells me about the night, how I had given him a hard time about Tuesday, turns out he was hammered out of his mind and doesn't remember the night and I kept asking him if he thought I was such a loser for being so dumpy and etc. etc.
Anyway, he somehow took me back to his apartment and took care of, gave me clothes to change into, well shorts at least, turns out I passed out before I chould change out of my shirt and he made sure I drank water and didn't die. He takes me back to my car, I thank him and I head back to I-Town.
Upon my arrival I hit the sack for a few hours and try to sleep off the HoRrIbLE HaNGoVeR I have before heading off the work at 5.
Work rolls around things are fine and I head back up to Des Moines to kick it, I run into J and this time he's the drunk one, I was still feeling Friday a little too much and it was my turn to take him back to his own place.
So, yea, I stayed the night with him again, only this time I'm sober and functioning. We just sat and talked and joked till like 5am and it was fun. It was nice and different and something I needed after the previous drama I had been dealing with for the past forever months, which is a whole other story for another blog, which I will debut SOON!
So, there was no sex involved in the weekend, just fun hanging out and he was gorgeous and needless to say Drew began to crush.
Tuesday rolls around and it also happens to be Drew's birthday! So Drew and his friend, GK, head up to Des Moines to celebrate, I had called people ahead of time and let them know about the festivities and so I met friends there. I had also texted J to inform him of the goings on. He shows up and says HI but does his own thing with his own people. I had told GK about the weekend on Sunday morning and so on Tuesday I pointed out J. He was jealous and I thought we were done.
Progressivly through the night I become more social (read-more drunk) and I lose my friend, but we had traveled separatly and so I wasn't worried.
Wednesday morning comes and I text GK to find out who he went home with. I had a busy day that day and had to work, so I didn't get the voicemail till after my shift. It was GK and he told me he did indeed go home with someone and to call him and he would explain. I knew right then what had happened.
And I was RIGHT, GK had become a crush stealing friend and went home with J!!!!
The thing was, I wasn't too bitter. I mean, I had known J like 72 hours and GK and I aren't besties anyway. I was just bummed that it ovbiously meant I was on the oust with J. However, GK kept apologizing calling himself a horrible person-BLA-bla-bla.
So, that's where you'd think it would end. But, NO.
I come home that night( Wednesday) and hear music playing upstairs, SO I go up to say HI and Lo and BeHolD who's hanging out with GK and his crew, why its J!
I visit for like 5 mins and then leave, turns out it upset me a little more than I thought. A few seconds later I get a text from GK asking if I'm pissed. I lie, say "no", make a few excuses and go over to another friends. A few hours later,upon my arrival back at the house, GK calls me and tells me to come talk to him. He's drunk and does the whole "I'm a horrible person, I'm sorry, He said you were just friends" etc etc etc. But I explain to him I don't care, J and I had known eachother 72ish hours and that its fine.
Are you still with me? Hang on we're almost done,but seriously, isn't it juicy? Like 4-real. who does this actually happen to?
It's now Thursday and I once again arrive home from work,hear music and go upstairs. This time I'm prepared I assume J is going to be there. BUT I'm fine with it. Well, he was there, if by there you mean all over GK, touchy feely,holding hands and kissing there. But I stick it out play a few drinking games with everyone that was there and head to bed.
But not before swearing off thinking I can actually find a dateable person, and realizing that if men didn't exist in my life it would be perfect.
But that's the story. Something you could find a tweenage novel, if they were about gays in college. IDK, maybe you were bored and didn't find it interesting or maybe you laughed or maybe you got pissed at GK.
IDK, I'm over it, but wanted to share with you and show just how crazy my life can be. AND trust me, I have a few more of these type of stories on file. In case things somehow get boring.
Thursday, 10 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment